North DecaturNorth Decatur primarily consists of 1950s and 1960s-era ranch homes. Its proximity to Atlanta’s Midtown and Buckhead districts, as well as Emory University and Decatur, makes it a desirable “in-town” location for what was originally developed as a suburban community.
- Clairmont Heights. Located roughly between North Decatur Rd, Clairmont Rd, Mason Mill Park, and Willivee Dr.
- Country Squire Court. Located off of Pangborn Rd., SE of the railroad tracks.
- Druid Lake. New upscale neighborhood off North Druid Hills Rd., surrounded by North Druid Valley.
- Leafmore-Creek Park Hills. Neighborhood located between North Druid Hills Rd., Clairmont Rd., LaVista Rd. & the railroad tracks
- Medlock Park. The neighborhood located north of North Decatur Rd., east of Scott Blvd. and west of Clairmont Rd., around the DeKalb County park of the same name.
- North Druid Valley. Small neighborhood centered on Homewood Court, south of North Druid Hills Rd.
- North Druid Woods. Large neighborhood NW of the intersection of North Druid Hills Rds. & Lawrenceville Hwy.
- Ridgeland Park. Located between North Decatur Rd. and Decatur’s city limits.
- Springdale Heights. Located off of Sycamore Heights in the Decatur Heights community.
- University Heights. Neighborhood located north of North Decatur Rd. around Willivee.
- Valley Brook Estates. Neighborhood between Lawrenceville Highway & Stone Mountain Freeway, near East Ponce de Leon, & off McLendon.
- Winston Place. A condo complex off of LaVista.
- Clyde Shepherd Nature Preserve, 2580 Pine Bluff Dr. A nature preserve between Medlock Park, University Heights and the Medlock neighborhood.
- Mason Mill Park, 1340 McConnell Dr. 111-acre DeKalb County park with tennis courts, recreation center, picnic area and trails. Also view the ruins of the 1906 Decatur Waterworks, used by the City of Decatur as a drinking water source until the 1940s.
- Medlock Park, 874 Gaylemont Cir. 39 acres Dekalb County park with baseball & softball fields, multi-use field, multi-use court, playground, swimming pool and picnic area.
SchoolsDeKalb County Schools serves the area. Some residents are zoned to Laurel Ridge Elementary School, while other residents are zoned to Medlock Elementary School; both are in the North Decatur CDP. Residents zoned to Laurel Ridge and Medlock are also zoned to Druid Hills Middle School and Druid Hills High School.
No properties found...